IN MY SHOES
“A flamenco dancer prepares herself to performance a show. The fear of failure, the self-imposed demands and public pressure block her, making her forget her essence.”
Director: ORIOL MARTÍN GUAL
Screenplay: ORIOL MARTÍN GUAL
Producers: SEBASTIÁN MERY y
1st AD: JÚLIA GARCIA
D.O.P: DIEGO CABEZAS SILVA
Art Director: JÚLIA PERELLÓ
Costume Design: ADRIANA ESCODA
Sound: MARC CANIVELL
Sound Design: LUCAS ARIEL VALLEJOS
Editor: JUAN GABRIEL GARCÍA
Music: ALBERT CASES y GABRIELE CORTINOVIS
VFX: LUIS COSSIO
Company: LIFE & PICTURES
Country of production: España
Year of production: 2019
Budget: 2.500 E
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Color: Digital color 4K
Frame Rate: 24 f.p.s.
Language: V.O. Spanish
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Catalan
Bailaora: CLARA HIGUERAS
Carmen (Sister): ALICIA VERDES
Carlos (Theater manager): CARLOS GARRIGA
– BEST ACTRESS / 2019 Festival de Cortometrajes “El Gato Serendipia”
– BEST SOUND / 2019 Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes de Sant Andreu de la Barca – Premios Oriana
– BEST FIRST FILM (Nominee) / 2019 Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes de Sant Andreu de la Barca – Premios Oriana
– 2020 Cinequest Film & VR Festival (San Jose, California, USA)
– 2020 Territorio Flamenco Film Festival (Madrid, Spain)
– 2019 MiraLincoln Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes (Lincoln, Argentina)
– 2019 Festival de Cortometrajes “El Gato Serendipia” (Madrid, Spain)
– 2019 XXII Mostra de Cinema Jove d’Elx (Elche, Spain)
– 2019 Festival Internacional de Cine de Sant Andreu de la Barca – Premios Oriana (Sant Andreu de la Barca, Spain)
– 2019 Festival Internacional de Danza y CineDanza Tenerife (Tenerife, Spain)
ABOUT THE FILM
At the beginning that I started writing this story, I had the concept of competitiveness in the mind. I was very shocked by the extreme competitiveness that exists in the different areas of our lives and how we react to it. I am talking about the need to constantly reassert ourselves and the desire to receive the approval of our personal and professional environment.
So much so that I think we often lose the focus and forget what’s really important: Enjoy what we do whatever the back view of third parties.
Sometimes we forget the sense of why we do the things we do.
We could say that we lose our essence because of the pursuit of approval and the value of our work is determined by receiving or not receiving the approval of the collective. This reflection gives me the motivation to write this short film.
“En mis zapatos” tries to reflect the defense mechanisms we have to protect us from hypothetical disappointment, the fears and insecurities that arise as we pursue our desires and a very particular way of confronting them.
This story is the story of anyone who needs to enjoy themselves again, before they can make others enjoy themselves.
WATCH SHORT FILM
SHOW REEL 2019
ORIOL MARTÍN GUAL – FILMMAKER
MEMORY OF THE LAND
Animation/Drama/War – Short Film
Advertising/Comedy/80’s promo – Web video
OCER Y RADE - VUELO
Fiction/Urban Drama/Teenagers – Music Video
For any collaboration, question or suggestion.